Sunday 10 August 2014

My Amazing Athleticism

So I tried to work out today.
I can't tell you how bad that went.

It started off with me attempting to do the 'Harry Potter workout', in which you're supposed to watch the movie and do a specific exercise every time a certain thing happens. For example, every time someone says 'Voldemort', you've got to do 5 push ups, and every time a painting talks, you've got to do 15 crunches, and so on. And after about an hour of that, I am literally aching all over.

Which brings us to one of my most humiliating revelations yet: I'm an absolute failure at anything remotely athletic.



There! I said it! Though I have many talents, such as breaking things, speed-reading fan fiction and getting myself so excited about such trivial things I can barely fall asleep at night, athletics sadly aren't on that list. And it's just always been this way. PE has always been my worst subject (classic nerd right here!). I just suck at sports, and as sad as it is, I can hardly do a sit up to save my life.

So you can imagine how pathetic the whole Harry Potter workout affair was. But the really humiliating part was that my 10 year old brother and 6 year old sister seemed to get these workouts done, no problem. They got down and did 5 push ups before I could say, "Grindylow". And all I could do was blink at them, with my mouth hanging slightly open (very attractively, I might add). It took me, on the other hand, an eternity to do a few 'not exactly push ups', with my sister cheering me on and teaching me how to do them properly the entire way through. 


What a shokhi!
I need to get my shiz together, man.

Because unless you're supposed to grasp around trying to hold onto the air around you for dear life during sit ups, or fall flat on your stomach after every push up, then I'm doing something wrong.

And now, bless my soul, my sister wants me to play Eye Toy with her, and I don't think my achy body can tolerate any more jumping around.

That, my friends, is the curse of my not-so-amazing athleticism. 





I think I'll just stick to fan fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment