Thursday 17 July 2014

Newton vs Hooke: The Rap Battle

My name’s Hooke, Robert Hooke, and I am the man
This guy Newton’s just a shadow, of all that I am
I discovered the nature of springs because well, I can
But this guy here thinks he’s special, I’m not a fan
You think you’re all that, Hooke, but what have you done?
Discovered that a spring extends when stretched? Ooh, fun!
That’s not discovery, that’s child play, son
Take a look at the awards Isaac Newton has won
Your discoveries were stolen from me, you toerag
Maybe you should go back running to your mum and your dad
You think that you’re a genius, but listen up, lad
While I tell you about Hooke’s law, Newton, are you mad?!
Big deal, you’ve got a law, well I’ve got three!
Are you really comparing you and your rubbish to me?
The only thing I stole from you is all of your dignity
Newton’s first, second and third laws, and the law of gravity
I’ve done wonders in biology and physics, my friend
Let me put this in a way that you might comprehend
I’ve invented many things, and don’t you try to pretend
Cause my discoveries and theories just never seem to end
Are you kidding, listen buddy, please step aside
Maybe you’ll do something decent when you swallow your pride
I invented calculus, which you so nicely denied
Everything that I’ve done has been proved and applied
Every principle you’ve made, every word that you’ve said
You’ve the most absurd theories that my eyes ever read
All this hype about an apple that fell onto your head?!
Could it not have been a big round watermelon instead?
My discoveries outnumber all of yours any day
Understand, Mr Hooke, what I’m trying to say?
You could never outdo Newton, so get out of the way!
F don’t equal k•x, it’s equal to m•a
So forget all you’ve convinced yourself and all that you’ve known
Leave this epitome of brilliance and his theories alone
I’m the best of all the physicists, the king of the thrown
You may’ve discovered cells, but you just got owned!

No comments:

Post a Comment