Thursday 17 July 2014

Why My Friends Are Awesome Pawsome

Over the past few years, I think it's safe to say that I've gotten to know a super cool bunch of psychopaths.
This is my blog post dedicated to each and every one of those psychopaths. Never stop being psychopathic.

Here is a list (I really like making lists) of reasons as to why my friends are da bomb dot com:

1. They are superb at whining and postponing tests (Ms Naseem & Mr Rizwan can vouch for that. Come to think of it, so can Mr Tarek... and Ms Rola...).

I mean it, they are top notch. I honestly can't remember ever doing a physics test in Year 11 without postponing it (multiple times) before, or at the very least nagging about it.
I also vaguely remember us forming a team called the PQCS, the Physics Quiz Cancellation Squad, or something along those lines, at some point last year.



2. They come up with the most awesome-sauce nicknames!

Let's be real... Who wouldn't love to be called Malic Acid/ Malek/ MaloOka/ Stupid Idiot?

Answer: nobody.


3. They give me socks and have freed me from a lifetime of house elfery.



And by they, I mean Fatima of course, recognizable from her world-famous extravagant handwriting.

4. THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST AT PLANNING THINGS!

Can we stop and think about how much mad skill it takes to use up 2 whole weeks to plan a simple outing and then bail out of it the night before?


You guys deserve a big fat pat on the back.

5. They are kind and sweet and would never insult me in my wildest dreams

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

My life in a nutshell.

And then, they go:

Sigh!

6. They know what خياط is in English.

And that, in and of itself, deserves a round of applause.




7. They have come to terms with my madness a long time ago, and are incredibly supportive about it.

8. They record extremely long voice notes with a lot of rambling and hardly any content :').

You hear me, Sania Javed?
I'm talkin' to you.

9. We live out our dreams together.

Okay, I know that sounds incredibly lame, but yes, yes actually, watching our very first live football match and having one of our favourite goalkeepers wave at us was, in actual fact, a dream come true.






10. They are really really quiet during mechanics class (which is why Mr Rizwan loves us so much).


So quiet, you could hear a needle drop.


11. They teach me their languages.


And wah bahut achchha!


12. They always have food to go around!

For popcorn, you can go to Leen.

For cheese strings, you can come to me.
For chocolate, it's Farah/ Eman/ Hanin.

And if your food gets lost, you better believe Marah and Hanan are behind it.
So best not leave your food lying around for more than 30 seconds.

13. They are epic in the field of selfies.

Here's one, courtesy of none other than Sania Javed.





14. They put up with all my nonsense and readily agree to all the terrible ideas I drag them into.



As you can see, I am subject to physical abuse.

I will admit though... Sometimes, I deserve it.


15. They give me the most extravagant gifts.


This is one of my favourites. 

16. Nine of us can fit into a photo booth meant for three. 

And we have photographic evidence.




17. Our comics are hands-down the bomb!


Never heard of Rabbit Crabbit? What, do you live under a rock?


18. They are all incredibly talented (Ma Shaa Allah).

Be it at singing, the arts,dancing, or making me chuckle, my friends are all just really darn talented.

One of them has just created a Marauders' Map (you may freak out in three, two, one...), one of them is making a cartoon, I could just go on and on...

Heck yeah, you do!

19. They are really good at filling up my phone with incredibly disturbi... errr... attractive selfies.

And if I didn't have a little bit of heart, they'd be all over the Internet.

20. They are really really good at picking their friends.

They picked me, didn't they? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment