Monday 28 July 2014

OH MY DAYS IT'S SO FREAKING HOT!!!

Can we talk about how hot it is outside?

All these years in Abu Dhabi, and I doubt it's ever been this bad. Merely walking two blocks has become quite the struggle! If it's this way now, then I don't even want to know how it's going to be like in another ten, twenty years, when our loser human actions towards this glorious planet really begin to take their toll.

Seriously though, you'd think that after eight whole years of this heat I'd be used to it by now. Yet, here I am, writing a blog post about it.

It doesn't help that my mom feels the need to mutter "حر عجيب" with every step we take, or that I am an exceedingly fabulous unicorn who insists on wearing sweatshirts right smack bang in  the middle of summer. 


However, there are a few advantages. First off, you can roast your marshmallows outside.


You can also bake outside.



Also, if you're carrying around food when you're out, you don't have to worry about it going cold. Hey, if anything, you've got yourself a natural portable microwave.

Also also, you never have to worry about it being cold, or about lugging around a jacket with you (unless you're an exceedingly fabulous unicorn).

So, really this heat is sort of a good thing, isn't it? 39ºC? Come on... that's not too bad.

Besides, maybe it's only the fact that I grew up in the cold that I find the weather here totally unbearable.

Or maybe it's just flipping hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment