Thursday 17 July 2014

TOP TEN REASONS WHY ANS IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER


1. The walls are painted brilliantly.
Everyone loves yellow and blue, especially that type of yellow that has a vomit-y tinge, and the blue that’s so bright it hurts your eyes. And the thing about the way our school is painted is that you can basically see the immaculate strokes of the paintbrush. It doesn’t look like the blokes who painted our school were blindfolded at all.
Please, our school is a work of art enough to shame even Picasso, and if you don’t think so, well, you suck.
2. We don’t pretend for ADEC.
If there’s one thing I love about the folks at ANS, it’s that they don’t pretend during ADEC inspections. It’s merely a coincidence that the recycling bins arrive and the toilets are loaded with tissue paper the day before ADEC arrive. Psshhh.
Also, it’s completely normal to start teaching at 500% increased efficiency the second ADEC inspectors come in. Whatcho guys on about?
3. Our school uniform is da bomb.
Okay, we pull off the ADNOC-worker look brilliantly! I’m still in awe over the fact that I’ve never been asked to fill anyone’s car with petrol.
ANS students in their natural habitat.
4. We have SO many activities every year.
For example, last year, we had ADMUN … and… um… the talent show (No, wait, that got cancelled)… errr… cultural day! (No, that was at the Boys’ School… uhh… I’m sure I’ll think of something).
5. The IMMENSE love between GCE and High School just radiates out of our school’s beautifully painted walls.
The British system (GCE) and the American system (High School) live in harmony, peace and love all year round. You can especially feel this love during sports’ day (on the rare occasions when the school actually schedules one which isn’t right smack bam in the middle of our CIE exams). The love is evident from the cat fights and the swear words shouted across the gym. That’s what harmony looks like, unless I’m very much mistaken.
 6. They bring goats to school for Eid.
And that is the most pivotal feature you look for in a school.
7. I go there.
’Nuff said.
8. We got rated as a C in the last ADEC report.
And C is for cool.

9. The subject choices are awesome-pawesome.
One of my tip-top favourite things about our school is the flawless subject choice system. It forces you to pick between two subjects; say, biology or economics, chemistry or accounting, etc
And if you want to pick both? Then screw you. You’re stupid.
Also, the best thing that ANS has ever done is cut Physical Education out of the GCE student’s schedule. PE versus extra hours of maths and chemistry? It isn’t even a question. Who needs fitness away?
10. The ANSers.
Oftentimes, during a particularly depressing ADEC inspection, when bashing my head against a brick wall seems extremely appealing, I tend to ask myself why the hell I’m still in this school slash cemetery of dreams. And then I look around me and everything becomes clear- it’s because of the people. The ANSers. Because no matter how much I complain and nag and whine about ANS, I would never dream of leaving, and it’s because of those mentally challenged people I call my friends [woah, Malak, when did you get so cheesy?]. Because even though we’re all screwed here, we’re all screwed together, and that kind of makes all the suffering episodes worthwhile. We’re kind of like one weird (incredibly whiny) family, and in all honesty, I wouldn’t trade that for all the expensive, posh, toilet paper-containing schools in the world!

(Blogger's Note: Thank you for all the lovely Facebook comments!
Also, this was originally written on the 21st of June).

No comments:

Post a Comment